It’s no secret that charcuterie has erupted across the United States and the world as a favorite trendy dish. Major city hubs and small town dives alike are featuring charcuterie platters as appetizers and feature dishes, with professional chefs priding themselves on nose-to-tail cooking, creativity and in-house curing. Check out our top five ranking for the hottest cities for charcuterie.
1. New York: Everything is bigger and better in the Big Apple. While there is charcuterie in every borough, you can get everything from upscale dining to budget-conscious dishes in the city.
2. Atlanta: A hub of authentic southern cooking with a big-city feel, Atlanta has redefined southern classics. With a fantastic selection of charcuterie to choose from, you won’t be disappointed in the savory, decadent dishes.
3. Paris: Forget about the City of Love, Paris is an international destination for charcuterie! The birthplace of many charcuterie traditions, France is the place to go for authentically cured meats, farm fresh sides and an amazing selection of wines.
4. Chicago: With more than 7,000 restaurants, the Windy City has a lot to offer in terms of charcuterie. A big meat town, you can expect your meats to be fresh and paired with local ingredients.
5. San Antonio: Nobody does meat like Texas, and San Antonio is no different. Expect a lot of BBQ-esque flavor profiles, smoked meats and hearty side dishes!
Plan a trip to any of these charcuterie incubators for the biggest and best in preserved meats. Coast to coast or around the world, you’ll be hard pressed to find a place that hasn’t jumped on the charcuterie train!